Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Wow! Is time really going by so fast or is it that I'm just wanting it to slow down now that I'm retired!  I was thinking about all the wonderful things that happened during 2013 and thought that I would list them to remind me that life can be wonderful. 

Every 2 or 3 weeks I go to my Dad's and visit. Since my Mom died a few years ago I try to visit, clean and do some cooking for him (although I'm a terrible cook!) We have spent hours talking about when he was little and when I was little. He has told me things about Mom and him that I never knew . The secrets are exposed! 

We talked about religion and our faith. It has been wonderful to share time with Dad and learn so much from him in such a short time. 

In April my step-daughter had our 1st grandchild, Logan. What a joy he is and of course very smart and wonderfully handsome. He has a great personality and is a joy to be around. 

My step-son moved back home from Arizona in Oct.  He has been living with us and although we all had adjustments to make, he has been a delight. Today he came home from work and talked about moving to his own place. I cried! I never thought that would happen, crying because one of the kids was leaving!!! Anyway, he wants to go back to college so maybe he will stay a little longer to help out with his bills. 

A few months ago one of my best friends found out that she had pancreatic cancer and that it had spread to a lymp node and a spot on her lung. Okay, you are wondering way I would write this as a wonderful thing...she had her scan Monday to see if the chemo was helping and what amazing news, the tumor is almost gone, just a shadow there now and the other spots are gone or almost gone. She has another round of chemo coming but God is so good! There is no better way to start the new year. 

I hope that you can find the fantastic moments as well as the ones that bring us to our knees and know that whatever the situation, God is with us.


Now for some more great news... GECKO GALZ has some fabulous images and paper for you to use while making those gorgeous greeting cards, jewelry or other paper crafts. This year will be no exception, Gecko Galz with provide the best quality and a great variety of images to use in your projects. 

Go the Gecko Galz and see all of the new products and the design teams samples using the January goodies. Below are a few projects of my own that I made using the new January 2014 products. Enjoy and visit the other teams sites for a little help getting the creative juices going.

 
Winters Garden CardMaterials
Gecko Galz image from the Winter Gardens collection
Blank card
5 pieces of coordinating paper
ribbon or bling
sentiment stamp
ink
decorative punch
paper cutter

Directions:
First cut about 1/4 to 1/2 inch off of the vertical side of the front page of the card.
Cover the front with a dark paper then mat the image onto 2 coordinating papers and
attach to the top section of the card. Stamp your sentiment onto a strip of paper then
double mat it to match the top section. Place at the bottom of the card. Put bling or
ribbon between the two sections. Decorate the inside with paper and punch out a
strip of coordinating paper and place along the vertical edge so it will show when
the card is closed

 
 My Fair Lady Card

Materials:
Blank Card
Brown cardstock
White cardstock
Patterned paper
decorative corner punch
Seam binding

Directions:
Cover the front with brown cardstock then place a patterned paper on top.
Corner punch a piece of brown cardstock and place the matted Gecko Galz
image onto that piece of paper making sure the corners are under the decorative areas.
Stamp a sentiment at the bottom of the imageand place a ribbon or seam binding at the bottom of the
card.

 

 Blue Bird Card

Materials:
Gecko Galz image from Winter Garden Collection
Blank Card
Black Card stock
Gray Card stock
White card stock
Stamp Sentiment
Black Ink
Flowers (very small)

Directions
Mat the image onto the white cardstock then black then gray. Cover the front of the
card with black cardstock then add a patterned blown paper to the top leaving about
1/8 of an inch around the edges. Place the matted image onto the brown paper and add
the sentiment that has been matted onto a gray strip of paper. Add small flowers or
an element of your choice to the bottom

 

 Valentines Wishes Tag

Materials: 
Gecko Galz images from Valentine Day Collection
3 coordination papers
ribbon

Directions:
Cover the tag base with gray cardstock. Corner punch 2 piece of paper that will be used
to mat the image, then punch the image also. Place the image onto the mats then onto the tag.
Tie a ribbon at the top. Simple and clean

Wishing you a fabulous day! Thanks for stopping by.

Starr
 

2 comments:

  1. Starr, you have been busy making so many beautiful cards! Obviously I love that bird image as well! Your year indeed has been blessed. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just stunning creations and I just love the calmness of the images.
    Yes we have so much to be thankful for.
    Wishing you all the best that 2014 has to offer.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day!

My Blog List

My Blog List